As someone who enjoys pancakes, I’m always on the search for new and exciting ways to enjoy them. Recently, I’ve come across an incredible recipe that has quickly become a family favorite: mango pancakes!
These pancakes are incredibly simple to make and only require a few ingredients. All you need are some ripe mangoes, pancake mix, milk and eggs. Simply dice up the mangoes before adding them to your batter for an irresistibly sweet and fruity pancake that’s packed full of flavor!
What I appreciate most about mango pancakes is their balance of sweet and salty. The natural sweetness from the mangoes is balanced by salty-sweet pancake batter. Plus, these meals are incredibly filling – I don’t find myself getting hungry hours later!
Mango pancakes are incredibly versatile, as you can enjoy them as-is or add some additional toppings for an even more decadent treat. My personal favorite is adding some whipped cream and sprinkle of cinnamon; but you could also try fresh berries, honey or even vanilla ice cream!
Now, let me break down the recipe for you so you can make these delicious pancakes yourself. First, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. For this recipe, you’ll need:
That’s it! As you can see, this recipe is incredibly straightforward to make. Just a few minutes to whip up the batter and then you’re ready to cook up some delicious mango pancakes in no time!
Some of you might be wondering: where can I buy fresh mangoes? If you live in an area where mangoes are in season, check your local grocery store or farmer’s market for availability. But if not, frozen mangoes can also be used – just remember to thaw them out before adding them to pancake batter!
One thing I should mention is that these pancakes are best enjoyed fresh. Since they don’t reheat well, make only as many as you’ll eat in one sitting. If there are leftovers, store them in the fridge and microwave them for a quick fix, but remember they won’t be quite as fluffy and delicious as when fresh from the oven!
Here it is – my go-to breakfast recipe. If you’re looking to shake up your morning routine, mango pancakes are definitely worth giving a try! They’re simple, delicious, and guaranteed to put a smile on your face in the morning. So go ahead – treat yourself to some pancakes today!
- 1 mango
- 140 g milk
- 25 g cornstarch
- 8 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 250 g whipped cream
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and cornstarch, and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Sift the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and discard any lumps left in the sieve. Chill the sifted batter in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat, do not add any oil. Spoon a small amount of batter into the skillet and rotate the pan to spread the batter into a round shape. When the edges start to slightly puff up, lift the pancake with a spatula to see if it's cooked. If it is, remove it from the skillet and continue with the next pancake. Repeat until all the batter is used. The pancakes should be golden brown and have a smooth surface.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other and cover with plastic wrap. Let them cool completely.
- Whip the cream with the granulated sugar until it reaches a stiff peak and has visible lines.
- Cut the mango in half, remove the skin and pit, and cut into long strips.
- Place a pancake on a plate and spread a layer of whipped cream on top, followed by a layer of mango slices.
- Roll up the pancake and tuck in the ends.
- Chill the rolled-up pancake in the refrigerator for better texture. I usually refrigerate them for 2 hours.
- Cut the pancake into slices and enjoy!
- The mango pancake is very soft and tender. With each bite, you'll taste the rich cream and sweet mango.
Leave a Reply